Year 2 - Spring Term
During this topic children will
- write letters for a purpose
- write imaginary stories set in other parts of the world
- draw inspiration for iconic explorers and how their discoveries have increased knowledge and understanding of the world.
- learn the location of places in the United Kingdom and the place of the United Kingdom in the word.
- investigate habitats near and far
- to develop their drawing and observation skills to develop detail in drawings
- how to use pounds and pence to buy things and to calculate change
- learn multiplication and division facts for the 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
Please look at the medium term plan for more details on what your child will be learning each week.